This was my first try ever eating lentils and rice let alone cooking them. I found a great recipe using the instant pot. It takes only about 20 minutes from prep to serving it up and it’s absolutely delicious.
This recipe that I made fed my family of three for one meal plus at least 2 to 3 additional meals. So you could obviously stretch this out for 5 to 7 lunches or dinners comfortably if you need to stretch things.
It is warm and delicious and my picky eater even liked it. Enjoy!!!
Lynn A. C. Wilson – Resume of a Mother
- 1 package of Lentils or 2 cups
- 1 cup of rice of your choice (I like white rice)
- 4 teaspoons of dried onions
- 6 even cups of water
- 1/2 teaspoon of oregano
- 2 teaspoon of chicken or beef bouillon
- 1/2 teaspoon of thyme
- 2 teaspoon of minced garlic
- dump all the Ingredients into the instant pot
- give it a good stir
- place lid on and turn to sealing
- turn on manual for 20 minutes
- you can do a quick release or let it release on its own
- open lid and enjoy
*use as a side dish or as a main dish
*use leftovers in a soup or a casserole
Find me on YouTube – At Home with Lynn Wilson