Have you ever been ready to make some pancakes in the morning or bake some
brownies for dessert after dinner to only find that you have no eggs?
What about when you go to the grocery store and you find that they are sold
out of eggs or the price is just too high. Is there a way to bake without eggs?
Yes, there is and you can do this usually with things you already have in your
Now like anything this is a substitute and not the same thing so you might
find that things don’t rise the same and or might even have a slight change in
Listed below are some ideas that you can use. Remember things like banana
and pumpkin has its own flavor, so be careful what you use them in.
I find that yogurt or buttermilk works well and vinegar (I prefer apple
cider) and baking soda we usually have in the pantry already, also work well.
I have tried the commercial egg substitutes and I have not found them to
work as well.
Thanks for stopping by!!!
Lynn A. C. Wilson – Resume of a Mother
- At Home with Lynn Wilson
Contact me At:
Baking with no Eggs
No Eggs – No Problem
- Plain Yogurt or Buttermilk use ¼ of either
- Baking Soda and Vinegar 1 teaspoon of Baking soda and 1 teaspoon of Apple Cider Vinegar or White Vinegar. Mix together until they foam up.
- Silken Tofu ¼ cup
- Unsweetened Applesauce ¼ cup
- Banana, Pumpkin, or Avocado ¼ cup
- Chia or Flax Seeds (ground up) 1 tablespoon of either and 3 tablespoons of water. Mix well together.
- Commercial Egg Substitute Follow package instructions