I absolutely love having turnip at our Thanksgiving meal and or Christmas holiday dinner table. This year I found some nice large turnips at one of the Amish farms, and as much as I love turnip I dreaded the thought of having to cook it once again.
So this year I decided to give it a try in the Instant pot. Never again will I boil it on the stovetop for what seem to be an endless amount of time.
I happened to see this recipe on “Jamerrill Stewart” YouTube channel the other day and it looked yummy so I decided to give it a try.
I wasn’t sure about making pasta in the instant pot… But she said her kids liked it so I figured why not try.
I will leave the recipe below… And pictures of each step I took. I will tell you my husband had three bowls of it, and my youngest son who is a very picky eater… came out said “this is to die for”. So I guess if you were to ask me if it was good… There is your answer!
2 pounds of macaroni
2 cans of evaporated milk
8 cups of water
Salt and pepper to taste
4 cups of cheese – of your choice
1 stick of butter
Stewed Tomatoes – optional
1. Pour 2 pounds of macaroni into the instant pot.
2. Add 8 cups of water
3. Add salt and pepper to taste
4. Close lid, set to seal, set on manual for 5 minutes.
5. As soon as it is done… Do a quick release
6. Open immediately
7. Stir in your two cans of evaporated milk, one stick of butter, and your 4 cups of cheese. Stir gently until it is all mixed together.
8. Add one can of stewed tomatoes if you like an extra yummy taste… And any extra salt and pepper you need.
9. Grab a big bowl and spoon and enjoy!
This is definitely designed for a large family meal… or if you have a small family like mine you’ll have lots of leftovers for snacks and an extra meal or two during the week.