Nothing beats homemade meatballs over a big plate of pasta! Meatball subs and sandwiches are always a treat too. I find when I have a crowd over or a large family gathering for the holidays, this is a great thing to serve. This is a simple foolproof recipe that I am sure you will enjoy!
- 3 lbs. of meatloaf mix (my preference but you can use ground chicken, turkey, or 100% beef)
- 1 cup of breadcrumbs
- ½ parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup of milk
- 1 – 2 teaspoons of crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 large jars of spaghetti sauce (enough to cover the meatballs)
Easy to prepare
- Dump everything in a bowl and then mix together.
- Roll into the size of a meatball that you prefer.
Easy to cook:
- Toss in a crock pot and cover with spaghetti sauce for four hours on high, or six hours on low ( if you find this is the best tasting).
You can bake them in the oven or fry them in a pan first, and then cook on the stove top or crock pot the same way.
For best results, I find letting them cook slow and long will retain all the flavors!
Lynn A. C. Wilson – Resume of a Mother