Need a quick and easy cookie swap idea or a holiday treat for your table… Try these truffles out. This was the first time I ever made them, and it definitely will not be my last. They were so quick and easy… and they were a complete hit at our Thanksgiving dessert table.
- A bag of Oreo cookies or similar
- One 8 ounce block of room temperature cream cheese
- Candy melts of your choice of color
How to assemble:
- Take about 30 to 35 Oreo cookies and crush them in a bowl or chop them up in a food processor to the consistency of cookie crumbles.
- Add in room temperature cream cheese and mix together
- Place in refrigerator for about 30 minutes to chill
- Take mixture and roll into small balls on a cookie sheet layered with wax paper
- Please entire cookie sheet with rolled balls on top of the wax paper into the freezer for about 15 minutes
- In the meantime melt down your “candy melts”
- Remove the cookie sheet from the freezer and dip each ball into the melted chocolate’s and place back on the cookie sheet.
- Add sprinkles to the top of each chocolate covered truffle
- Let cool for about 20 minutes… And it will be either ready to eat or ready to package up.
A side note… I totally dipped most of them in the melted chocolate and only a handful did I swirl chocolate on the top of the chocolate balls. Unanimously it was voted that the truffles that were completely dipped in chocolate came out the best.
Lynn A. C. Wilson – Resume of a Mother