“Million Dollar Casserole” is a crowd pleaser for the holidays, family dinner on a Friday night, or just anytime. It is a simple dish and served with a side-salad or veggies. This would be a treat for anyone. I have included both the regular recipe and also my own. The one that I used is a little different because I was using up the left-overs in my pantry and freezer. Enjoy and have fun with this one.
This is a layered recipe….so I like to make two layers, but you can also go as high as three or four layers depending on how deep your casserole dish is.
Basic idea for this dish is to place …
- layer with sauce on the bottom of the dish
- next a layer of pasta
- then a layer of meat
- next a layer of cheese
- then a layer of sour cream mixture
- Top with cheese and bake for thirty minutes on 350 degrees. Enjoy!
- crushed tomatoes
- cheddar cheese
- leftover meatballs (crushed up)
- 16 oz. sour cream/ one package of cream cheese/ 12 oz. ricotta cheese all mixed together well
- bow tie pasta (that is what was in the pantry)
- spaghetti sauce
- chop meat (already cooked)
- mozzarella cheese
- 16 oz. sour cream/ one package of cream cheese/ 12 oz. ricotta cheese all mixed well together
- elbow macaroni
This recipe is so forgiving…. so use what you have; clean out your freezer and pantry.
Lynn A. C. Wilson – Resume of a Mother