Have you ever buttoned up your shirt, and the buttons didn’t line up right, and then you could not figure out why the shirt did not feel right? To me that is how life feels right now…. like a weird-buttoned shirt that I can’t quite get to fit right.
How are you doing in all of this craziness? COVID19, “the virus”, Coronavirus…. it has taken on many names and we cringe at the sounds of these words. This virus has us feeling out of sorts and not even knowing what day of the week it is. I have friends who have told me that they have not showered for a few days, changed their clothes, and have almost become numb in their lives. This virus cannot take over our lives…. yes, we must live through this time and what is happening around us. Stores are on limited hours and supplies, schools are teaching differently, we cannot visit with friends for a while, but we can still LIVE!
Come and see how some simple routine things can change your numb life to a normal life. It might be a “new” normal….but it will help you reestablish a normal.
Lynn A.C. Wilson – Resume of a Mother
When you are too busy, then you are just too busy. Usually what suffers is yourself. You forget to take time to keep yourself in good shape. Mental, physical, and emotional health need to be a complete package. I know myself; I am running around taking care of others, and working full-time. I find that my needs are not being taken care of.
Physically, I need to get up, walk, and eat right. That seems to be something that I can do, when I push myself. But, when it comes to my mental and emotional health, I seem to feel like, “I am ok”, but I am not. I need to keep these areas in check too.
I decided for this year I need to challenge myself and be creative with how I do it, but also realistic. I need something that I know that I can really do, yet not set myself up for a fall.
Come and join me in my “5-5-5” challenge this year. Leave me a comment below, and visit my channel on how to also help yourself.
Lynn A. C. Wilson – Resume of a Mother
Have you ever wondered how to get started with essential oils and what this stuff is all about? Well, I did too and found some simple and effective uses for them. Come join me and learn some basic 101 tips and tricks on how to use them, why to use them, and which ones to use.
Lynn A. C. Wilson – Resume of a Mother
My husband and I have been talking more and more of late about having just a fresh start in life. So many times we get down, by the things we should’ve done, didn’t do or should do better. Attitude has a lot to do with how we perceive things and our attitude can drastically change our perspective.
So my husband and I have decided to sit down over the next 52 weeks and make some changes in our life. Nothing that drastic, nothing so miraculous that it will change the world… but what it will do is change our lives and how we look and view life.
The 52 week challenge of 2020 will be as simple as this. Each week on a Tuesday I will post here on the blog, also on Instagram and Facebook what our challenges are that we have chosen to do for that up-and-coming week. Feel free to take on the same challenges as us or come up with your own. We may not always meet that challenge… and that’s OK. The whole point of this is to make a difference in our lives. It’s to make a better you. It’s just a start fresh and recharge in life.
At the end of 52 weeks… We can look back and honestly tell ourselves that we tried new things, we face challenges, we set out to make a difference. Again whether all of those challenges were met exactly to perfection or not is not the point. But at the end of 52 weeks the point is that we are two better people because of having tried.
Our challenge for each other this week is called the “take 5”. We have challenged each other for this week to come up with five things over the next year we want to learn that we have been putting off for years. Graeme and I each need to come up with five different things that we want to either learn or experience. You might think five things are too simple… but when you add that to a full plate already …those five things will be a challenge in itself.
Come follow us on our journey as we begin the 52 week challenge as well as trying out five new things in this up-and-coming year.
Comment below if you dare to take the 52 week challenge 2020. Let me know what some of your challenges might be or if you’re going to follow along with the challenges that we put in front of ourselves. I would love to hear from you!
Lynn A. C. Wilson – Resume of a Mother￼￼￼￼￼￼
So according to Wikipedia here is what 2020 is;
2020 (MMXX) is the current year, and is a leap year starting on Wednesday of the Gregorian calendar, the 2020th year of the Common Era (CE) and Anno Domini (AD) designations, the 20th year of the 3rd millennium, the 20th year of the 21st century, and the 1st year of the 2020s decade.
I don’t know if you want to view this as a new year, a new decade, or something else. But how about a fresh new start? So many times we get “stuck” in stuff. I find myself so stuck at times that I can hardly move. Yet I really don’t know how I got there.
For today, I am declaring a fresh start and starting over in many areas of my life. I am giving the grace that I need to forgive myself and move forward. For today I will use the saying that my mom used to tell me, ”today is the first day of the rest of your life.”
Come and join me on my new adventure of a fresh start. Here are some of the areas that I want to start fresh in:
- Reading – I need to read more and be consistent.
- My marriage – I love my husband, but I feel like I have let things get stale, so I need to be the one to make a change.
- More boldness – I need to allow myself to just be me and do what I know I have been called to do, without worrying about what others think of me.
Three is a good place to start. Too many things would overwhelm me. Let me know in the comments below what you want to recharge and refresh in your life. I would be very interested to see what you all want to change.
Lynn A.C. Wilson – Resume of a Mother
Self-care – 10 fresh start tips to make your day even more special
- Take five to ten minutes each day just for you. Paint your toenails, use a new face mask, or try a new ice cream.
- Write yourself a love letter – take five minutes each day to write in a journal or on a note card and list one thing that you know you are good at. By the end of the year you will be amazed at how wonderful you are and how beautifully you have been created.
- Take five minutes today to call a friend and share an encouraging word with them. By giving to someone else, you will lift your own spirits.
- Take five to ten minutes and do some stretching exercises. It will make you more limber and help clear your head.
- Take a five to ten minute walk, even if it’s up and down your driveway. Allow yourself to breath deep and remember that you are breathing life into yourself.
- Take five minutes a day to look up a Bible verse for words of encouragement that you can claim and hold fast to.
- Take five to ten minutes and make yourself a fun breakfast of blueberry pancakes, oatmeal with fresh fruit, or something else delicious that you don’t normally treat yourself to. Remember you are worth the extra treats!
- In the evening take five to ten minutes to allow yourself to indulge in a new hobby. Start crochet or a needlepoint project.
- Close your eyes and listen to the sounds around you. Enjoy the fact that you are alive today.
- As hard as this is (and no one is watching but you), stand in front of a mirror and talk out loud to yourself. Repeat the following every once in awhile :
- I have been fearfully and wonderfully made.
- I have been chosen.
- I am worth it.
At first you will laugh at yourself awkwardly. Then you might shed a tear or two and question these statements. After a while, a fresh start and recharge along with some self-care will have you amazed at how bold you have become, and you will learn to believe these statements and repeat them to yourself.