Are you stuck in a rut with your budget? How many times at the end of each month do you feel you could do it just a bit better? Sometimes going back to the basics is the best way to do it and I have ten simple tips that I like to follow. Why not try something new and see if this would help.
TEN SIMPLE BUDGET TIPS
- Pay your bills on the first of the month and get them out of the way.
- Look for ways to make extra money and sell off some of the items that you have been decluttering to put money back into the budget.
- Always do a pantry inventory before you decide to go food shopping.
- Try and cook double and freeze a meal so those nights when you’re tired and hungry…and you have the urge to eat out, you have something already in the freezer to warm up.
- Consider buying everything used.
- When you need to buy something new, check into three places that sell that item…. and see who has the best price.
- Make sure you were always checking your phone bill. Cell phone bill and cable bill before the contract will expire… so you can negotiate a new plan before the expiration date of the old contract.
- When you’ve made a major mistake with your money, don’t sit in pity. Sit down and find a solution and a way to make things better.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help get some good mentoring or counseling if you need budget help.
- Be realistic with your budget and don’t create a budget you wish you could have. Base your budget on your current income and strive to always leave a little wiggle room.
Lynn A. C. Wilson – Resume of a Mother
- At Home with Lynn Wilson
Contact me At: