So according to Wikipedia here is what 2020 is;
2020 (MMXX) is the current year, and is a leap year starting on Wednesday of the Gregorian calendar, the 2020th year of the Common Era (CE) and Anno Domini (AD) designations, the 20th year of the 3rd millennium, the 20th year of the 21st century, and the 1st year of the 2020s decade.
I don’t know if you want to view this as a new year, a new decade, or something else. But how about a fresh new start? So many times we get “stuck” in stuff. I find myself so stuck at times that I can hardly move. Yet I really don’t know how I got there.
For today, I am declaring a fresh start and starting over in many areas of my life. I am giving the grace that I need to forgive myself and move forward. For today I will use the saying that my mom used to tell me, ”today is the first day of the rest of your life.”
Come and join me on my new adventure of a fresh start. Here are some of the areas that I want to start fresh in:
- Reading – I need to read more and be consistent.
- My marriage – I love my husband, but I feel like I have let things get stale, so I need to be the one to make a change.
- More boldness – I need to allow myself to just be me and do what I know I have been called to do, without worrying about what others think of me.
Three is a good place to start. Too many things would overwhelm me. Let me know in the comments below what you want to recharge and refresh in your life. I would be very interested to see what you all want to change.
Lynn A.C. Wilson – Resume of a Mother
Self-care – 10 fresh start tips to make your day even more special
- Take five to ten minutes each day just for you. Paint your toenails, use a new face mask, or try a new ice cream.
- Write yourself a love letter – take five minutes each day to write in a journal or on a note card and list one thing that you know you are good at. By the end of the year you will be amazed at how wonderful you are and how beautifully you have been created.
- Take five minutes today to call a friend and share an encouraging word with them. By giving to someone else, you will lift your own spirits.
- Take five to ten minutes and do some stretching exercises. It will make you more limber and help clear your head.
- Take a five to ten minute walk, even if it’s up and down your driveway. Allow yourself to breath deep and remember that you are breathing life into yourself.
- Take five minutes a day to look up a Bible verse for words of encouragement that you can claim and hold fast to.
- Take five to ten minutes and make yourself a fun breakfast of blueberry pancakes, oatmeal with fresh fruit, or something else delicious that you don’t normally treat yourself to. Remember you are worth the extra treats!
- In the evening take five to ten minutes to allow yourself to indulge in a new hobby. Start crochet or a needlepoint project.
- Close your eyes and listen to the sounds around you. Enjoy the fact that you are alive today.
- As hard as this is (and no one is watching but you), stand in front of a mirror and talk out loud to yourself. Repeat the following every once in awhile :
- I have been fearfully and wonderfully made.
- I have been chosen.
- I am worth it.
At first you will laugh at yourself awkwardly. Then you might shed a tear or two and question these statements. After a while, a fresh start and recharge along with some self-care will have you amazed at how bold you have become, and you will learn to believe these statements and repeat them to yourself.